Our Knight Awards Programme with Local Schools…
Welcome to the Knight Awards Programme. Whether you are professionally involved in education as a head teacher, head of department, P.E co-ordinator or are simply interested in finding out about how we operate in schools, this page will provide all the information you will need to take the next step in getting young people involved in this exciting sport.
We work in an increasing number of primary and secondary schools, delivering a first taste of fencing to young people in the North West. The Knight Awards Programme takes pupils from beginners and exposes them to a blend of discipline and fun offered by our coaching regime. From this programme we can also talent-spot and encourage youngsters with flair to think about pursuing the sport further.
The programme has a proven track record as many schools have been involved on a recurring basis, thus being able to offer fencing routinely to their pupils.
The programme can offer sessions to fit in with before and after school clubs, not only providing an hour’s supervised activity, but also allowing your pupils to develop new skills.
Is Fencing for me and my School?
Please read on to find out the practical ‘nuts and bolts’ of how this programme could work in your school.
The Aims of the Fencing Programme
- To involve more children in sport
- To identify talent and potential
- To encourage competition
- To raise the profile of the school
- To increase the school’s achievements
- To raise the profile of fencing nationally
What We Provide
- A free taster session to promote this new sporting activity
- A professional coach (Robert Kiss; Hungarian Olympic Fencer and International Registered coach) with enhanced CRB clearance
- Insurance (Public and Civil Liability up to £5 million)
- All necessary equipment
- A safe and memorable time for everyone
How Your School Would Participate
- A taster session of 6-10 or one term with one hourly session per week
- Sessions can be arranged pre-school, during the lunch hour, after school or even within the curriculum
- The only requirement on your pupils is that they all wear t-shirt, long tracksuit bottoms, trainers
Age Groups & Equipment (We provide all the necessary equipment. This falls into two categories)
- Key stage 2 In this age group we use mini-fencing equipment, comprising of a plastic mask and foil
- At the end of each week the most dedicated pupil will be presented with a trophy
- At the end of each term all pupils will receive a certificate of achievement
Costs & Fees (please contact us for our latest prices)
- Payment methods are negotiable with either parents or the school paying for the sessions
- Payment covers coaches, travelling expenses, use of all equipment, and number of hours in school
- If you have any queries, please take advantage of our no obligation consultation to discuss how we can best work with you and your school to involve young people in this exciting sport