News Zone from Salle Kiss Fencing Club
24th Feb 2014 – Seventh place for GB’s Daniel Kiss….
Daniel Kiss impressed on Sunday 23rd Feb, as he represented Great Britain at the Cadet and Junior European Championships in Jerusalem, and achieved 7th place overall………
- The club has just received notification that it has been awarded SwordMark. The club is the first in the UK to gain SwordMark accreditation a recognition of the quality of and achievements of the club.
- The club has just been awarded almost £10,000 following a successful bid to Sport England sponsored by the National Lottery.The money will be used in a variety of ways to support the club in its activities and allow us to continue to build upon its already excellent fencing provision.
- We have spent the winter months working hard to develop a new website which we have just launched. We would be very grateful for any feedback on the content of the site.
- Another success is the development of a new Junior series competition organised by the club which will take place 24th March. Please see our Club Diary for further information and a link to the North West fencing web site.
- We have had a fantastic start to 2012 with a new full time home for the Bury Club at Bury Grammar School.
- The times for the Altrincham Club have changed and this is now held on a Tuesday 6-7pm at Altrincham Boys Grammar School.
- The club is a voluntary organisation and we would welcome additional volunteers to help with anything from administration through to catering help at club competitions.
- The club has registered with Gift Aid, this means that if you a tax payer we can claim a small percentage of tax back for donations you make to the club.
Club Member’s Achievements
- For the 3rd year running our Head Coach Robert Kiss has won the National Veterans Foil title. Well done old man!
- Following recent successes at the North West region British Youth Championship qualifiers we have 8 junior fencers qualified to represent the region at the National Championship held in Sheffield in May. Well done all!
Salle Kiss Fencing Club in the press click on any image below to view